The Chisholm View Wind Project is located approximately 15 miles North and East of Enid, Oklahoma and directly adjacent to Hunter, OK. The project sits within Garfield and Grant Counties.
An existing 345kv Oklahoma Gas and Electric Transmission Line runs North/South directly through the project site. Chisholm View will interconnect directly onto this line and have the ability to deliver energy South to load centers such as Oklahoma City and North to load centers in and around Wichita, KS.
235 MW (140 Turbines)
GE 1.6 MW
Landowners and Acreage Involved:
Chisholm View encompasses approximately 45,000 acres and involves over 150 landowners.
The power produced by Chisholm View will be sold to Alabama Power Company, a subsidiary of Atlanta-based Southern Company. The Chisholm View Wind Project will deliver clean, low cost electricity to communities in Alabama.
The developer of the Chisholm View Wind Project is TradeWind Energy, LLC (“TradeWind”), which is headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas. The senior managers of TradeWind have a combined 80 years experience in the independent power development business including acquisitions and project development across the United States, Europe, Canada, and the Caribbean, as well as significant regulated utility experience.
The Project is owned by Enel Green Power North America, Inc.
Key Project Attributes:
- A 235 MW Chisholm View Wind Project would produce enough power for approximately 80,000 Alabama homes.
- The project will take only approximately 1-2 percent of land out of service to build, including all land for roads, turbine foundations, and maintenance buildings.
- Chisholm View is one of the most energetic wind development sites in North Central Oklahoma.
- Once fully developed, Chisholm View Wind Project will contribute up to $5 million per year in total annual landowner payments.
- The Project enjoys broad community support from landowners and local Government Agencies.
- Chisholm View enjoys broad community support.
- The project is expected to have no material effect on any Threatened and Endangered species of birds or animals based on third party studies commissioned by TradeWind Energy.